Canada | Ground meat sold by Marche Adonis Cure-Labelle, in Laval, is being recalled due to possible contamination by the E. coli bacteria.
The recalled products were offered for sale on January 30 at the Laval facility.
They were placed on a tray and wrapped in a clear film or in a clear plastic bag.
- “VEAL MILK CHOPPED LOW”, carrying the code “VI 111047”
- “HALF-MIXED GROUND BEEF”, bearing the code “VI 101134”
- “Lean ground beef 1 kg”, bearing the code “VI 101047”
- “EXTRA-Lean GROUND BEEF”, bearing the code “VI 101080”
- “PORK AND VEAL BEEF TRIO”, bearing the code “VI 101073”
- “BEEF AND GROUND LAMB 1KG”, bearing the code “VI 131028”
People who have these products in their possession should not consume them. They must return them to the establishment or discard them.
The Ministry of Agriculture, Fisheries and Food (MAPAQ) recall that foods contaminated with the E. coli bacteria do not necessarily show visible deterioration or a suspicious odor.
Contamination with E. coli can cause a wide range of symptoms that can be similar to those of gastroenteritis, including nausea, vomiting, abdominal cramps, and diarrhea.
MAPAQ specifies that no case of illness associated with the consumption of this food has been reported to date.