Home Government and Politics Large crowds of Corona emergency aid for small businesses

Large crowds of Corona emergency aid for small businesses

Wiesbaden – The rush for state emergency aid in the corona crisis for small businesses with financial difficulties is huge in Hesse. The rush for the emergency aid application was, as expected, high, said Minister of Economics Tarek Al-Wazir (Greens) and the President of Kassel, Hermann-Josef Kluber, at the start of the registration. “Overall, however, the system was stable.” The companies have been able to apply for emergency aid online since Monday, with the Kassel regional council in charge.

Around 5000 applications had already been submitted after just six hours. In order to be able to accept as many applications online as possible, the capacities had been doubled again. Al-Wazir and Kluber said that a total of more than 300 employees in the country had worked on receiving, reviewing and approving the applications. In some cases, however, there were more than 15,000 simultaneous access attempts. “That is why a lot of applicants had to be patient today and try again and again.” However, a significant relaxation is expected in the coming days.

“We now want to quickly provide liquidity to all solo self-employed people, freelancers, artists and small business owners who are in economic need because of the corona pandemic,” the Minister of Economic Affairs had previously announced. The black-green coalition expects well over 200,000 companies to register.

Specifically, Corona Emergency Aid is intended to provide a one-time, non-repayable grant. According to the Minister (including federal funding), this amounts to a maximum of 10,000 euros for companies with up to five employees for three months. A maximum of 20,000 euros can flow for three months for up to ten employees and a maximum of 30,000 euros for three months for up to 50 employees.

Al-Wazir emphasized that if an application was received, approved and the emergency aid was fixed, the applicant would be notified immediately. Then the payment of the emergency aid will be instructed. “About half of the 5000 applications were completed. Around 500 applications have already been set, that is, emergency aid has been granted. ” A total of five million euros in emergency aid has already been approved.

“We have planned enough money for Corona emergency aid,” said the Minister of Economic Affairs. “This also means that no application that is submitted by the end of May will be rejected because of a lack of funds.” According to the Ministry, the online application can be submitted daily, and therefore also on weekends between 6 a.m. and midnight.

© The Eastern Herald
No oligarch or politician dictates to us how to write about any subject. We need your support. Please contribute whatever you can afford. Click here to make your donation.
Follow us on:
Eastern Herald on Google News
-Advertisement-
Qamar Munawer
Editor at The Eastern Herald. Studied Bachelor in Architect in Chandigarh, India. Collecting and writing newsworthy stories from around the world. I love to praise nature.