In August of this year, the deficit of trade in foreign goods and services of the United States increased to a maximum in the last 14 years – by 5.9% to $ 67.1 billion writes CNBC, which in turn refers to the US Department of Commerce.

It is noted that the volume of exports for the analyzed month increased by 2.2% compared to August 2019 – up to $ 171.9 billion, while imports for the reporting period increased by 3.3% to $ 239 billion.

The United States managed to reduce the deficit of trade in goods with China by 6.7% to $ 26.4 billion.


During the January-August period, the US trade deficit increased by 5.7% compared to eight months of 2019 and amounted to $ 421.8 billion.

The publication recalled that President Trump promised to reduce the US trade deficit. For this purpose, import duties on steel, aluminum, and most goods from China were introduced or increased. The United States renegotiated the North American Free Trade Agreement (NAFTA) and introduced a series of measures to stimulate domestic production.

However, despite all the measures taken, Americans still buy more imported goods than local production.

Recall that the FiveThirtyEight forecast gives Joe Biden an 80% chance of winning the presidential race and Donald Trump is only 20%. The model also gives a Democrat a 29% chance of a landslide victory — that is, winning a popular vote — by at least 10 percent.

Analysts of The Economist magazine believe that Biden’s chances of winning are much higher than the current head of state.

Note that Biden in two opinion polls ahead of Trump at the national level by ten and eight percent, respectively.

Interest in the elections rose to near-record levels. Nearly 6 out of 10 registered voters say they follow the elections “very closely.” This is more than any other presidential campaign at this time in the cycle since 2000.


Public Reaction