Nurturing a child and meeting the requirements of the mother and the baby during the pregnancy is costly. And above that, the rising expenses of delivery in a good hospital take a lot from your savings. So, having a planned pregnancy and a well-planned maternity health insurance is a good idea to be considered. It helps you financially and mentally so that you can enjoy the happiness of your parenthood without any stress. So, let’s check how having maternity insurance can help you in parenthood:
Things Covered Under a Maternity Health Insurance Plan:
- Procedures during the delivery process, either normal or cesarean, are covered.
- Medical expenses, pre, and post-hospitalization, ambulance charges, doctor’s fees, nurses’ fees, hospital room rent, and more
- Some of the policies cover the newborn baby for up to 90 days
- Pre and post-natal care so that both the mother and the newborn baby are safe from any complications related to the health
- Pre and post hospitalization medical expenses for 30 days before and 60 days after hospitalization are also included under the coverage
- Like any other health insurance policy, it also provides tax benefits under Section 80D of Income Tax.
This type of health insurance works really well for couples who are planning to start their family. At present, when the treatment costs are mounting and referring people from parenthood, it gives a big sigh of relief.
Exclusions in Maternity Health Insurance:
- Routine visit for the consultation with the doctor.
- Expenses due to ectopic pregnancy.
- Health complications due to any pre-existing illness.
- Any treatment or medical expenses due to self-inflicted injuries.
- Cost of vitamins and supplements, until specified in the policy.
- If any allopathic treatment is taken during the pregnancy period.
- If the baby is born before the waiting period for the policy is over.
Who can Benefit the Most from Maternity Insurance Policy?
- Newly married couples who are planning for a child in the next 2 to 3 years
- People who are planning to marry soon and have a child in the next 2 to 3 years
- Couples who already have a child but are planning for another child in the next 2 years
- Couples who are not planning to have a child but do not want to take any chances.
Parenthood marks the start of a new age in a couple’s life, either it’s their first time becoming a parent or not. The pregnancy period takes you on an emotional roller coaster ride. So planning for a better maternity policy with better coverage from a reputed insurance provider should always be considered. Check the maternity health insurance plans offered by Care Health Insurance, HDFC Ergo, and Go Digit. Their plans are comprehensive and affordable and come with several benefits that help the mother and her newborn get the best medical facilities. Hopefully, the points above help you in making your decision easy.