4 Iraqis were killed in an armed attack in the west of the country
ANADOLU PHOTO

4 people were killed and 3 others wounded, Saturday, in an attack that an Iraqi local official said, “elements of the terrorist organization ISIS carried out” in Anbar Governorate, in the west of the country.

The mayor of Haditha district, western Anbar, Abdullah Al-Jaghifi, said in a statement, “ISIS gangs launched an armed attack on the Rizqa area in Haditha district.”

-Advertisement-

Al-Jaghifi added, “The attack killed 4 people and wounded 3,” without providing further details.

So far (0725 GMT), ISIS has not claimed responsibility for the attack, but the Iraqi authorities usually point the finger at the terrorist organization’s elements of being responsible for such attacks.

In recent months, the frequency of attacks by suspected ISIS militants has increased, especially in the area between Kirkuk and Salah al-Din (north) and Diyala (east), known as the “triangle of death”.

In 2017, Iraq declared victory over ISIS by restoring its entire territory, which was estimated at about a third of the country’s area, which the organization invaded in the summer of 2014.

-Advertisement-