Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelenskyy thanked US President Joe Biden for sending $ 1 billion in military aid.
– The United States has announced a new reinforcement for our defense forces, a new $ 1 billion support package. I am grateful for this support, it is especially important for our defense of Donbass – said Zelenski today.
“I informed President Zelensky that the United States is providing another $1 billion in security assistance for Ukraine, including additional artillery and coastal defense weapons, as well as ammunition for the artillery and advanced rocket systems that the Ukrainians need to support their defensive operations in the Donbas,” Biden stated after the call CNN reported. “We also discussed Secretary Austin’s efforts in Brussels today to coordinate additional international support for the Ukrainian armed forces.”
– I am also grateful to the US government for mobilizing partner assistance. I talked to Biden about the tactical situation on the battlefield and how to accelerate our victory – said the Ukrainian president.
– Of course, we are doing our best to surpass the advantages of the Russians. Every day I fight for Ukraine to get the necessary weapons and equipment. What we cannot introduce is courage, wisdom, and tactical skills, and our heroes possess these virtues – he added.
List of weapons for Ukraine
There are, among other things, anti-ship missiles of the Harpoon type, ammunition for multi-barrel rocket launchers …
President Drawdown Authority
- 18 155mm Howitzers
- 36,000 rounds of 155mm ammunition
- 18 Tactical Vehicles to tow 155mm Howitzers
- Additional ammunition for High Mobility Artillery Rocket Systems
- Four Tactical Vehicles to recover equipment
- Spare parts and other equipment
Ukraine Security Assistance Initiative (USAI)
- Two Harpoon coastal defense systems
- Thousands of secure radios
- Thousands of Night Vision devices, thermal sights, and other optics
- Funding for training, maintenance, sustainment, transportation, and administrative costs.
The Minister of Defense of the United States of America, Lloyd Austin, announced today the list of weapons that will be included in the new package of military aid to Ukraine.
“We just announced our single largest Ukraine 🇺🇦 security assistance package to date: $1 billion worth of Harpoons, 155mm Howitzers, HiMARS ammunition, tactical vehicles, secure radios, and other equipment that will directly help Ukraine on the battlefield.” – Austin announced on his Twitter.
We just announced our single largest Ukraine 🇺🇦 security assistance package to date: $1 billion worth of Harpoons, 155mm Howitzers, HiMARS ammunition, tactical vehicles, secure radios, and other equipment that will directly help Ukraine on the battlefield. pic.twitter.com/EmvE002qx9
— Secretary of Defense Lloyd J. Austin III (@SecDef) June 15, 2022
Among other things, there are anti-ship missiles of the Harpoon type, ammunition for multi-barrel rocket launchers, howitzers, tactical vehicles, radio stations …