India's First International News Journal

23.1 C
Tuesday, March 28, 2023

EU defense ministers agree to hand over ‘remaining ammunition’ to Ukraine | European Parliament/CC BY 2.0Defense ministers of EU states have given the go-ahead for the supply of artillery shells to Ukraine from the remnants of stocks in the warehouses of all the countries of the bloc, as well as to the €1 billion allocation from the European Peace Fund. This was stated by the head of European diplomacy, Josep Borrell, following an informal meeting of heads of military departments in Stockholm.

According to the politician, we are talking about the first stage of supplies. In turn, Borrell did not dare to express the amount of the second leg, but stressed that this is also a “significant figure”.

“Let us remember that the European Fund for Peace pays 60% of the expenditure of the Member States. The remaining 40% must be managed by the Member State. So if for 1 billion euros it’s 60% or if for 2 billion euros it’s 60% of the costs, you can calculate that it’s not far from 4 billion euros,” said the head of European diplomacy.

Likewise, Josep Borrell answered a question about the recent Estonian initiative. Previously, Tallinn offered to invest about 4 billion euros in order to jointly acquire ammunition for transfer to the needs of the Ukrainian army.

For latest updates and news follow The Eastern Herald on Google News, Instagram, Facebook, and also on Twitter.
Click here to show your support.
News Room
News Room
The Eastern Herald’s Editorial Board validates, writes, and publishes the stories under this byline. That includes editorials, news stories, letters to the editor, and multimedia features on

Public Reaction



Read More