India's First International News Journal

11.9 C
Los Angeles
Wednesday, March 22, 2023

Magnus Aron finally pleads guilty

The main trial in the case against Magnús Aron Magnússon, who is accused of the brutal murder of his neighbour, Gylfa Bergmann Heimissson, on June 4 last year, is expected to take place at the end of next month.

For a long time there has been uncertainty about Magnús Aron’s guilt, but now the assessors’ results are finally available and Magnús Aron will have to face charges. This is indicated by the response of Arnþrúðar Þórarinsdóttir, prosecutor at the district attorney’s office, to the DV investigation. She says the main hearing is scheduled at the Reykjavík District Court from March 29-31.

The murder caused great concern among the citizens. In the indictment, the attack is described as Magnús first attacking Gylfa inside the stairwell of the building leading to Barðavogur and then outside the building. The indictment then states:

“…but when he came out of the house, the accused kicked and punched (name) and knocked him to the ground and as (name) was lying on the ground, the accused punched, kicked and kicked him on the head, including his face and chest, all of which resulted in (name) suffering skin hemorrhages with underlying soft tissue hemorrhages and bruises to the face and neck, multiple fractures of the lower jaw, cheekbones, nasal bones and lingual bone, comminuted fracture of the anterior cranial sulcus and extensive contusion, lacerations in the left vertebral region , the left eye area and lower lip and skin haemorrhages and soft tissue haemorrhages in the deep and superficial muscles of the neck and died as a result of the head injury with extensive concussion and trauma subsequent facials that made breathing difficult. In addition, (name) suffered from isolated skin hemorrhages and small sores on the lymph nodes, isolated skin hemorrhages and soft tissue hemorrhages on the trunk and soft tissue hemorrhages on the left shoulder blade.

Magnús’ neighbours, whom DV spoke to the day after last summer’s murder, described him as a ticking time bomb. The neighbors thought that he should live in a special resort, and not in a general residential area. Shortly before Gylfa’s tragic death, the police were called twice to Barðavogur’s house due to Magnús’ allegedly threatening behavior towards other residents of the house.

For latest updates and news follow The Eastern Herald on Google News, Instagram, Facebook, and also on Twitter.
Click here to show your support.
News Room
News Room
The Eastern Herald’s Editorial Board validates, writes, and publishes the stories under this byline. That includes editorials, news stories, letters to the editor, and multimedia features on

Public Reaction



Read More