India's First International News Journal

19.1 C
Friday, March 31, 2023

A bottle of Pepsi Max burst to shreds – “Ouch, I was shocked”


Sigríði Ása Sigurðardóttir was terribly upset when a bottle of Pepsi Max she had frozen on the balcony burst into pieces after she picked up the bottle and put it on the ground. As the photos show, it was quite a job to clean up the apartment after the accident.

“Ugh, I was surprised,” Sigríður says in a short chat with DV and laughs. Sigríður is deaf and therefore did not hear the bang that occurred when the bottle shattered as if caused by a bomb. “It’s a lot of work to clean it up, it’s everywhere,” she says.

Scientists interviewed by DV say the temperature difference did not cause the explosion, but the freezing. The water expands in the cold and presumably a glass bottle would have burst in the recent cold. However, the plastic gives way, it stretches, but presumably the bottle was giving way when Sigríður moved it and the movement was enough for the bottle to explode.

Copyright © 2023 The Eastern Herald.

Help us continue our mission to deliver the latest news and stories by becoming a supporter of our newspaper. Your support will help us to continue to provide high-quality journalism, and to ensure that our content remains free and accessible to all. Click here to show your support. Thank you!

For latest updates and news follow The Eastern Herald on Google News, Instagram, Facebook, and also on Twitter.
News Room
News Room
The Eastern Herald’s Editorial Board validates, writes, and publishes the stories under this byline. That includes editorials, news stories, letters to the editor, and multimedia features on


Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here




Read More