In the afternoon of March 16, a fire broke out in the building of the FSB border service in Rostov-on-Don with explosions of fuel and lubricants stored there. According to TASS, one person died. Vasily Golubev, Governor of Rostov declared that the fire was caused by an electrical short circuit. RTVI has gathered everything that is known about what happened.
The emergency signal on Sievers Street, 20, arrived at 12:25 local time (coinciding with Moscow time). Golubev in his telegram channel writing that the fire broke out in the technical premises of border control.
“The cause of the fire was preliminarily determined to be a short circuit in the electrical wiring inside the building. The spread of the fire caused containers containing fuel and lubricants to explode. The fire spread over an area of 800 sq. m, as a result, two walls collapsed,” the head of the region said.
According to him, 63 employees of the Ministry of Emergency Situations and 14 equipment units were involved in extinguishing the fire. instead of fire is out Aleksey Logvinenko, head of the city administration, reports Don 24.
The sound of the explosion and the column of black smoke that rose into the sky, visible even from remote areas of the city, were written on social networks by local residents, whose stories son Rostov Diary. “From this noise, the walls of the house shook”, “Yes, I heard this noise from the apartment”, shared Internet users.
The moment of the explosion was captured by an intercom camera at the entrance to a residential building near the scene. Video provided by one of the residents published Rostov portal 161.ru.
The governor clarified that after the fire, one person was injured, he was hospitalized in a moderate state of gravity. A TASS source from the emergency services says two people were injured and another died.
Source 161.ru in power structures clarified that the two hospitalized victims are employees of the border control warehouse. Among them, as writing telegram channel “112”, there is a 36-year-old man with severe burns, fracture and closed craniocerebral injury.
“According to experts, there is no threat of fire spreading to neighboring apartment buildings. However, for security reasons, the residents were evacuated. Investigations are ongoing,” Golubev said.
Correspondent 161.ru added that the inhabitants of the house n° 26 of the rue Sievers and the pupils of the customs school were evacuated.