India's First International News Journal

27.1 C
Saturday, March 25, 2023

A man born in 1960 was injured in a fire in the Smolensk region

On the morning of March 18, in the village of Magalishchina, Smolensk district, a fire broke out in a private house. The owner of the building, a man born in 1960, managed to leave the scene of the fire and went to the neighboring house where his son lives. He, in turn, called the rescuers and an ambulance.

After 10 minutes, teams from Fire and Rescue Unit No. 43 arrived at the scene. By then the house was already completely engulfed in fire. Employees of the Ministry of Emergency Situations managed to eliminate the open flame within an hour and a half. Complete suppression of the fire was completed by 8:00 a.m.

As a result of the incident, a private house completely burned from the inside, and the roof of the building was also destroyed by fire. In addition, the owner of the house was hospitalized with more or less serious burns and signs of poisoning by combustion products.

According to the press service of the Main Directorate of the Ministry of Emergency Situations of Russia for the Smolensk region, the causes of the fire are currently being established by inspectors of state fire supervision and fire testing laboratory specialists.


For latest updates and news follow The Eastern Herald on Google News, Instagram, Facebook, and also on Twitter.
Click here to show your support.
News Room
News Room
The Eastern Herald’s Editorial Board validates, writes, and publishes the stories under this byline. That includes editorials, news stories, letters to the editor, and multimedia features on

Public Reaction



Read More