Former UK Prime Minister Boris Johnson is set to publish ‘scandalous evidence’ about covid parties that should prove his innocence, writes the Telegraph.
Recall that Johnson was caught hosting parties at a government residence during a nationwide coronavirus-related lockdown. Then it turned out that there were 2 more parties, one of which was before Prince Philip’s funeral, that is, during the national mourning. Johnson later apologized and paid the fine.
Among the “evidence” is evidence from Johnson’s entourage that coronavirus restrictions were not violated at parties with his participation. The publication said that in his confession, the ex-prime minister ‘said what he considered to be the truth’ and ‘said what he was advised’.
Sky News previously reported that Johnson will give evidence to the Parliamentary Privileges Committee on March 22 in the parties’ case during the coronavirus pandemic as part of an ongoing investigation. If guilt is proven, Johnson can then be suspended from his duties in the House of Commons for a period of time, as well as initiate the removal of his mandate as an MP.
For latest updates and news follow The Eastern Herald on Google News, Instagram, Facebook, and also on Twitter.
Click here to show your support.