Germany continues to investigate the circumstances of the explosions on the Russian Nord Stream gas transmission network. At this time, the German prosecutor’s office has not yet identified the suspects in the incident, the country’s attorney general, Peter Frank, told a press conference on Wednesday.
“Our investigation continues to target the unknown,” he said.
According to Frank, experts continue to assess traces and objects found on the ship. The main purpose of the investigation is to identify the perpetrators and establish their motivations.
“At present, it is impossible to make convincing statements on this issue, especially on the question of state participation,” summed up the German public prosecutor.
Earlier on Wednesday, US journalist Seymour Hersh, who is the author of a high-profile Washington investigation into gas pipeline sabotage, said German Chancellor Olaf Scholz had discussed the SP blasts with US President Joe Biden during his visit to the American capital.
The unidentified Nord Stream sabotage suspects in Germany
Copyright © 2023 The Eastern Herald.
For the latest updates and news follow The Eastern Herald on Google News, Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter.
Help us continue our mission to deliver the latest news and stories by becoming a supporter of our newspaper. Your support will help us to continue to provide high-quality journalism and to ensure that our content remains free and accessible to all. Click here to show your support. Thank you!