Unpleasant foot odor is a very common condition known as bromhidrosis. The disease can be caused by bacteria that settle in damp places, such as shoes and socks, and which, together with moist secretions on the feet, cause an unpleasant odor. Additionally, bad breath can also be exacerbated by metabolic disorders or the use of certain foods or medications. If you want to find effective and natural solutions to this problem, home remedies can help you.
- Apple cider vinegar. A very popular home remedy for bad foot odor is apple cider vinegar, as this product helps regulate the pH of the skin and eliminate bacteria that cause bad breath. All you need to do is mix hot water with five large tablespoons of apple cider vinegar in a bowl and soak your feet for 10 minutes. At the end of the procedure, wash your feet thoroughly and make sure they are completely dry.
- Baking soda. Baking soda is another of the most effective and recognized home remedies for bad foot odor. You can use it in two different ways:Sprinkle the inside of the shoe with two teaspoons of baking soda, which will also absorb moisture. It is advisable to do this at night. Make a foot bath by adding 2 tablespoons of baking soda to a bowl of warm water. Let your feet soak for 15 or 20 minutes.
3. Sage is a plant that, in addition to having many healing properties, is ideal for curbing excessive sweating and fighting bacteria. Therefore, it turns out to be an excellent natural remedy for unpleasant foot odor. You can put a few dried sage leaves inside your shoes to absorb the smell, or soak your feet in the sage tea for 15 minutes. You will immediately notice the difference!
- Ginger. Another very effective herb to combat bad foot odor is ginger. To use it as a home remedy, chop a medium sized ginger root and grate it very well. Then put the zest in a pot of water, boil for 15 minutes and strain. Massage your feet with the obtained liquid in the evening before going to bed.
- Black tea. Enjoy the benefits of black tea. The best formula is to add four bags of black tea to a liter of boiling water, let it cool, and place it in a container that you can soak your feet in. Soak your feet for at least 20 minutes.
Read the latest sports news from the world on The Eastern Herald .