Leading the Alternative World Order

Reshaping Perspectives and Catalyzing Diplomatic Evolution

Wednesday, September 27, 2023


Subscribe to our Newsletter

- Gain full access to our premium content

- Never miss a story with active notifications

- Exclusive stories right into your inbox

WorldAsiaPakistan heading towards destruction, situation like East Pakistan may happen- Imran Khan. | Pakistan is moving...

Pakistan heading towards destruction, situation like East Pakistan may happen- Imran Khan. | Pakistan is moving towards destruction, conditions can be like East Pakistan

Lahore. Pakistan’s former prime minister Imran Khan has accused the ruling coalition of conspiring to pit the army against his party, saying the country is heading towards disaster and may face disintegration.

In a video message from his Zaman Park residence here on Wednesday, Khan said holding elections was the only way to end political instability. Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf (PTI) chairman Khan (70) said, “The leaders of the Pakistan Democratic Movement (PDM) and Nawaz Sharif, who fled from here to London, do not care that the country’s constitution is being violated.” Sacrilege is happening, government institutions are being destroyed or Pakistani army is being defamed. They are working for their vested interests to save the looted wealth.

The police have surrounded Imran Khan’s house. Meanwhile, he said, “I am having a nightmare that the country is heading towards destruction.” My appeal to the government is to hold elections and save the country.” Asked about the violence that broke out after his arrest on May 9 from the Islamabad High Court premises, Khan said it was entirely orchestrated by the ruling coalition and the Punjab government. “The time has come that those in power should think with sensitivity, otherwise a situation like East Pakistan may arise in front of the country,” Dawn newspaper quoted the former prime minister as saying.

Justifying his criticism of the country’s army, Khan said, “When I criticize the army, it is like criticizing my own children.” Does not interfere in the internal affairs of government institutions. I did not intervene even when I had solid information that the former army chief was plotting against me. will be removed from office.

Responding to the Punjab government’s claim that around 40 terrorists were holed up in Khan’s Zaman Park house, the former prime minister said the government should legally search his house by obtaining a search warrant as the presence of terrorists in their own “But this should not be used as an excuse to launch crackdown on PTI, the country’s largest political party,” he said. Khan said that according to a recent survey, 70 per cent of Pakistan’s voters The population stands with the PTI and the rest 30 per cent are with all the other parties in the ruling coalition.

Imran Khan after his video message allowed representatives of electronic and digital media to visit his residence to see if terrorists were hiding in his house. Correspondents who visited Khan’s house later said that there were only Domestic staff and some policemen were seen. Khan had earlier today tweeted, “Probably my last tweet before my next arrest.” Police have surrounded my house.” He also shared some videos in which police personnel can be seen entering his house.

Inputs From: The Business Standard (Hindi)

Read the Latest India News Today on The Eastern Herald.

For the latest updates and news follow The Eastern Herald on Google News, Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter. To show your support click here.


News Room
News Room
The Eastern Herald’s Editorial Board validates, writes, and publishes the stories under this byline. That includes editorials, news stories, letters to the editor, and multimedia features on easternherald.com.

Public Reaction

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.