About 100 residents could remain in the Belgorod village of Novaya Tavolzhanka (Shebekinsky district), which was shelled by the Ukrainian army, but it is not yet possible to verify this information due to ongoing attacks. About this during the traditional live broadcast “10 questions to the governor” said head of the region Vyacheslav Gladkov. All the questions put to him on June 5 concerned the area of hostilities.
“Today we still cannot enter (Novaya Tavolzhanka). I know that about 100 people (were there), according to the report of the head of the district, but the shelling of the last two days does not make it possible to clarify the “I hope that as soon as the situation changes, we can start persuading people to leave the settlement again,” Gladkov said in response to a request to talk about the evacuation of villagers.
At the same time, on the eve of June 4, speaking about the situation in Novaya Tavolzhanka, he claimed that “the inhabitants have all left”,
Governor of Belgorod also in detail said on additional measures to support people who have been forced into temporary accommodation centers due to the shelling. In particular, he promised all resettled residents of the region full exemption from paying utility bills for the duration until their return home.
In addition, according to Gladkov, the Central Bank sent recommendations to banks to “resolve issues related to consumer and mortgage loans (loans) for residents of border areas who were forced to leave their homes.” During the online broadcast, the governor clarified that we were talking about providing a “credit vacation” – that is, deferring monthly loan payments.
The head of the region also announced an updated list of municipalities and settlements, whose residents will receive two lump sum payments as part of the resettlement. The dates and amounts of these payments are not yet known. This support measure will concern Belgorod district, Valuysky urban district, Volokonovsky district, Graivoronsky urban district, Krasnoyaruzhsky district and Shebekinsky urban district.
However, the governor announcement the opening of additional points for the delivery of humanitarian aid and the organization of medical assistance for people forced to leave their homes, in particular by modifying the routes of health trains.
Ukrainian Armed Forces counter-offensive or reconnaissance in force? What is happening in the Zaporizhzhia and Belgorod regions
The latest incident related to the shelling reported by the head of the region is the air defense operation on three air targets “on approach” to Belgorod. In one case, clarified Gladkov, shrapnel damaged a passenger car and an ambulance. Also Governor said about a 14-year-old boy from the village of Glotovo, who was injured during the shelling: the teenager received a shell shock while he was in the street at the time of the “arrival” of the shell. He was first taken to the Central District Hospital and then to the Regional Children’s Hospital.
The day before, on June 4, Gladkov reported the shelling of Shebekino, Murom and Novaya Tavolzhanka. Subsequently, the Ministry of Defense announced the discovery of an attempt by a Ukrainian sabotage and reconnaissance group (DRG) “to cross the river near the settlement of Novaya Tavolzhanka, Belgorod region”. The department assured that the enemy had been “scattered and beaten back” after being “attacked by an artillery strike”.
On the evening of June 4, the “Russian Volunteer Corps” (RDK), which fought alongside Ukraine, which took part in the attack on the Belgorod region last month, invited Gladkov “to dialogue ” in the temple of Novaya Tavolzhanka, promising in return to hand over the prisoners – “mere Russian soldiers”. The governor agreed to meet elsewhere, at the Shebekino checkpoint. Consequently, the meeting did not take place.
Read the Latest Ukraine War News on The Eastern Herald.