During the “camp on Moscow”, fighters of the private military company “Wagner” reportedly shot down six helicopters and one plane, which is a modification of the Il-18, on which there were at least eight people. A criminal case was brought against the head of the PMC, Yevgeny Prigozhin, on the charge of an armed rebellion, but the FSB stopped her. Fighters and company commanders were offered to enter into a contract with the Ministry of Defense or other law enforcement agencies, return to relatives and friends or “leave for Belarus”. What the deputies of the Defense Committee of the State Duma say about the future of the “Wagnerians” – in the journal Russian media.
On June 23–24, Wagner’s PMC chief Yevgeny Prigozhin accused the Defense Ministry of allegedly launching a missile attack on the PMC’s location. The Russian authorities have denied these allegations. After that, the businessman announced the start of a “march of justice” to Moscow. Columns of PMC “Wagner” freely entered Rostov, and also moved towards the capital. They turned back before reaching Moscow about 200 km away. Later, Belarusian President Alexander Lukashenko explained that this happened after his negotiations with Prigozhin.
How the conflict between Prigozhin and the Ministry of Defense developed, Russian media told here.
“They didn’t offend anyone, they didn’t break anything. No one has the slightest right to this – neither the residents of Rostov, nor the military personnel of the Southern Military District, nor law enforcement.
So what are their questions? There are no complaints about them.
If they want to sign a contract with the Ministry of Defense, they will sign it. If they don’t want to, then everyone here is free to choose their destiny, they will do something else.
During the mutiny, according to the Fighterbomber telegram channel, the Wagner PMC shot down three Mi-8 MTPR helicopters, one Mi-8, Ka-52 and Mi-35 each, as well as one Il-18 aircraft (later , it was reported to be board IL-22). The Rybar telegram channel wrote that “from the actions of the Wagnerians” aviation “lost seven planes”, according to various sources, from 10 to 20 pilots could die. Putin confirmed the death of the pilots, without specifying the number of victims. Yevgeny Prigozhin himself later expressed regret for the attacks on Russian aircraft, but he insisted that “those weapons dropped bombs and launched missile strikes”.
The media also wrote that a column of Wagner’s PMCs blew up a road bridge near the town of Boguchar in the Voronezh region. Nevertheless, law enforcement did not report the opening of criminal cases on the fact that ships were shot down and a bridge was blown up.
Defense committee members Viktor Sobolev and Andrei Gurulev told Russian media they did not know if any criminal charges had been filed in the pilots’ deaths. “To be honest, I didn’t get into it, but I think there is a must, since people have died. Of course there is, it seems to me, it’s a given, ” added Sobolev.
“Those who did not participate in the direct rebellion, if they wish, will sign a contract with the Ministry of Defense and return to the NVO area. It is not yet clear what will happen to those who took part in it, but they will not be prosecuted, as the criminal case against Prigozhin has also been suspended.
Now I look: and as if nothing had happened. What this (transfer to the Ministry of Defense) will look like, whether in the composition of its former units – I cannot say, it is the decision of the President. Those who participated, apparently, will be sent home, as I understand it. Considering their merits, they will not be persecuted.
And I do not think that Lukashenko will allow the organization of a private military company on the territory of Belarus, based on the lessons that a private military company taught in Russia.
Russian President Vladimir Putin, in his speech on the evening of June 26, described the vast majority of “Wagnerians” as “equally patriots of Russia, devoted to their people and their state”. According to him, they proved their patriotism on the battlefield, then they were “spurred on to adventure” and “attempted to use them in the dark against brothers in arms, with whom they fought together for the good of the country and its future”. He noted that those who want to continue their service will be able to contact the Ministry of Defense, while others will be able to return home to their families. Belarus”.
“One hundred percent will take (responsibility). There is a law of the Russian Federation.
Our soldiers died, they died under the blows of specific individuals. Who gave the order, who launched the rocket?
Therefore, regardless, no matter who flees and no matter where they are, I believe that the investigation committee will thoroughly consider this matter and make a decision.
A criminal case against PMC Wagner founder Yevgeny Prigozhin was opened on June 23 under the article on organizing an armed rebellion. On June 27, the TsOS FSB announced the closure of the criminal case against Yevgeny Prigozhin. This was explained by the fact that the participants in the “armed rebellion” “stopped actions aimed directly at committing a crime.”
Read the Latest Ukraine War News on The Eastern Herald.