The newly elected mayor of Belgrade, Aleksandar Šapić, stated that he wants Belgrade to be a winning city and a champion city.
After being elected the first man of the capital, he said in his address to the councilors that he wanted Belgrade to be “a winning city, a champion city”.
He presented, as he said, the “agenda”, with only one item, which, he says, will always be above all and which they must never forget and forget, and it is called Belgrade.
The right answer
Šapić pointed out that the time they are going through, war, economic and political crises should not be something that will scare them and emphasized that the issues of energy supply, heating, public transport will be the most important questions to which they will have to have the right answer.
It was Aleksandar Šapić who was the guest of the morning program “Redakcija” on Kurir television.
– I want to let everyone know that Belgrade will be what should unite us, all our differences. After all, I will be the mayor and those people who did not vote for our coalition – said Šapić.
Aleksandar Šapić, as he says, has big plans for Belgrade, due to the international crisis, but he adds that different priorities should be set.
– As for how the mandate will go – no one can know. I think that the situation in which I become the mayor of Belgrade is quite specific, due to the general circumstances and the situation in the world. Modern history does not recognize this situation, because we had periods of wars, but this is a mixture of war, economic and geopolitical crises.
The relations between the great powers are changing. This is reflected in the whole world. Regardless of everything, and the projects that need to be done, this fall and winter, we must set some different priorities – the supply of energy, to keep our homes, kindergartens, and schools warm, the normal functioning of transport, utilities. I will dedicate a lot of time to this summer. When Siniša Mali became mayor, he had a temporary body for six months. The city of Belgrade is the most complex system in the country that exists.
And the first plan of the new mayor is – bus stations.
– The first thing I want to do is cut the bus station. We have been waiting for her for years. It depended on a private company. These works have been going on for years. I will suggest that it be taken away, that is, that it be returned to the city of Belgrade and that we finish that bus station. That will be one of the first moves – says Aleksandar Šapić.
The mayor of Belgrade, Aleksandar Šapić, explained that “it is a notorious lie that he announced the decision to ban one person from driving in the car in rush hour.”
– I didn’t say that. In the conversation, I said that there are different ways to prevent pollution in different countries. I have given examples from various countries. And then I said that the first precondition is to have good public transport and the subway – explained Šapić.
Šapić also pointed out that he needs the help of the media in his mandate, as well as that he will do everything to solve the burning problems related to the GSP.
– Whether I will be able to untangle the Gordian knot – I don’t know. My predecessors did not succeed in that, and there is a lot of money and subsidies that go to GSP. It is all the money of the people of Belgrade. It would also mean the help of the media in that – said Šapić, Kurir.rs writes.