New data obtained by US intelligence suggests the Nord Stream gas pipeline explosion last year was carried out by a pro-Ukrainian group. About it Tuesday writing The New York Times.
According to information obtained by the intelligence services, the participants in the gas pipeline explosion were Ukrainian or Russian citizens (possibly a mixed group), supporting the Kiev line in opposition to the Russian Federation. The publication points out that citizens of the United States or Great Britain were not involved in the attack.
The explosives were most likely planted by experienced divers who do not appear to have worked for the military or intelligence services. At the same time, it cannot be excluded that in the past suicide bombers received special state-funded training.
At the same time, US intelligence has no evidence that Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelenskyy or senior Ukrainian officials were involved in the operation. The publication does not indicate the name of the group, as well as the names of its members.
The New York Times informants also do not disclose the nature of the intelligence data received, the sources of this data, as well as any proof of the veracity of this information.
Explosions at Nord Stream
Explosions on the Nord Stream and Nord Stream 2 gas pipelines occurred in September 2022, as a result of which three out of four chains were damaged. NATO called the result of “deliberate, reckless and irresponsible acts of sabotage”.
Russian President Vladimir Putin indirectly blamed the United States for the bombings. Some European countries have said that Russia was involved in the damage to the pipeline. Germany, Denmark and Sweden are investigating the incident.
In early February, Pulitzer Prize-winning American journalist Seymour Hersh published an article alleging that the United States staged the Nord Stream bombing with the help of Norway. The White House, the US State Department and the Norwegian Foreign Ministry have denied the allegations. Tuesday, at conversation With RIA Novosti, Seymour Hersh laughed about the NYT post on Nord Streams, but declined to comment on it.
March 2, 2023 Russian Foreign Minister Sergei Lavrov declaredthat Moscow will insist on investigating the explosions and will not allow “hiding the extremities in the water”. Deputy Foreign Minister Sergey Ryabkov, in turn accused The United States says it would not allow Russian experts to help investigate the incident.
For latest updates and news follow The Eastern Herald on Google News, Instagram, Facebook, and also on Twitter.
Click here to show your support.