Jessica DeLoach posted a video on TikTok explaining how two months ago she noticed something in her two-year-old daughter’s ear.
“It sounded serious, like she was pushing food into her ear,” she said, noting that she decided to quickly take her daughter to see a doctor.
“The cleaning was very painful as the child has to stay still to remove things safely. The two-year-old does not understand what the doctor is trying to do.”
The shocking surprise was when the doctor found two ticks in the girl’s ear.
In this regard, the mother said that the reason her daughter was exposed to ticks was because she was outside with her while doing garden work the day before, expressing her happiness that she was not exposed to the ticks. serious complications.
And she confirmed that she decided to post the music video on “Tik Tok” with the aim of “raising awareness about ticks, before the season of its spread begins in the summer season.”
“Other parents have told me of similar experiences, with ticks even being passed to children from dogs. I knew this was happening more often than I ever imagined,” she added.
Lyme disease, transmitted by ticks, is on the rise, as well as babesiosis, an illness that can cause flu-like symptoms.
To avoid ticks, the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention recommends avoiding wooded areas with tall grass as much as possible and checking clothing, tools, and pets carefully after spending time outside.
Read the Latest World News Today on The Eastern Herald.
Copyright © 2023 The Eastern Herald.
For the latest updates and news follow The Eastern Herald on Google News, Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter.
Help us continue our mission to deliver the latest news and stories by becoming a supporter of our newspaper. Your support will help us to continue to provide high-quality journalism and to ensure that our content remains free and accessible to all. Click here to show your support. Thank you!